Industrial Strength Insulated Concrete Forms (ICF)
Call Us at (360) 359-1454
Custom Home – Single family residence
Single story with daylight basement to lakefront
100% of Exterior Walls Built with Fox Blocks ICF
Product: Fox Blocks
Product Size: 6” concrete core
Project Started – June 2007, Project Completed: May 2008
- Walkout lakefront ranch style home designed and constructed primarily by owner/builder with certain aspects completed by hired subcontractors.
- ICF’s were used to help with creating a quiet home environment, reducing energy costs for cooling and heating, and storm resistant in the tornado prone state of Nebraska.
- Fox Blocks are manufactured locally and able to be installed by the owner/builder with a minimal crew.
- Fox Blocks corbel ledge blocks were used on both the interior walls to support the floor load and exterior walls to support an exterior brick facing.
- During the stacking of Fox Blocks construction phase of the lower level, strong winds blew out the south walls and attached bracing. Reconstruction of the damaged walls took only 2 days.From the General Contractor
“I have always dreamed of building my own ICF home. The quietness with a lakefront home is such a comforting thing. My wife and I love the security and protection we feel by being surrounded by concrete walls. We can’t wait to measure our utility bills and see the savings”.--Leo Pearson, Pearson Construction
Walkout Ranch - NE Lake Home